Meghan Maupin, CEO
Meg is the CEO and Co-founder of Atolla. She has a graduate degree in Engineering and Management from MIT, and previously worked in design roles at Patagonia, The MIT Design Lab, and Formlabs.
Today, Atolla is 1 year old! This time last year, our small team of 4 crowded around a single table to watch our years of hard work go live. We were nervous, excited, and extremely proud of the Atolla system we built, which included custom serums, at-home skin testing, and a patented feedback loop. Essentially, we had created an entirely new way to think about skincare.
In the last year, I’ve watched our team and our company grow into something truly inspiring. Together with the Atolla community, we have advocated for major change in the skincare industry by normalizing real, unedited skin – because there is no such thing as “perfect” skin, only healthy skin. Atolla represents a new frontier for skincare product development, where formulations are developed for people’s unique and diverse needs, not for skin types.
I want to personally thank you for supporting our mission to help people feel more confident in their skin and their skincare. I’m looking forward to another year of skin stories and imagining the future of skincare, together.
A Year in Review
Top skin concerns:
- Breakouts - 33.87%
- Congestion - 20.49%
- Discoloration - 14.41%
- Wrinkles - 12.38%
- Redness - 8.32%
- Dryness- 8.17%
- Sun Damage - 2.35%
What we’ve learned:
Atolla seriously helps hydrate your skin.
- After one month, the number of users reporting dehydrated moisture levels decreases by 65%
- After three months, 74% of users have a healthy moisture score
Our formulas work — for real.
- 60% of users solve* their skin concern in 3 months or less. *Changed their skin concern and/or selected a positive emotion on our dashboard’s mood check-in
- Some breakouts users see a visual difference in as little as 2 weeks.
Healthier skin = happier you.
- After two months, the percentage of users who feel very positive about their skin increases 4x.
What we’ve accomplished:
- Over 15,000 plastic-free packages shipped
- Reduced shipping footprint through local manufacturing in New York
- Reduced inventory waste through on-demand production
Our favorite press features:
“The Future of Personalized Beauty” - Allure
“The difference between Atolla and other skincare companies is a future-forward solution made to help people ailing with skin problems through pinpointed data and skin science.” - Core77
“This company uses AI to formulate your perfect skin serum—and it works” - Fast Company
“And here’s the best part: They actually take into account that your skin is constantly changing” - Marie Claire
“The future of high-end skin-care” - Business Insider
“#1 Skincare innovation of 2019” - Popular Science