Meghan Maupin, CEO
Meg is the CEO and Co-founder of Atolla. She has a graduate degree in Engineering and Management from MIT, and previously worked in design roles at Patagonia, The MIT Design Lab, and Formlabs.
The introduction of our 3-step custom routine brings a number of new ingredients, chosen to work harmoniously together.
Our custom cleansers feature new exfoliants like Mandelic Acid (AHA) and Lactobionic Acid (PHA) to gently dissolve the dead skin cells that can contribute to rough skin texture.
To help soothe and support your skin barrier, our custom moisturizers can be formulated with Ceramides, Niacinamide, Snow Mushroom Extract, Oat Kernel Extract, and a new Peptide, among many other great actives.
We looked to the enormous amount of data and user feedback we’ve received since launching our custom serum 1.5 years ago when deciding which ingredients to incorporate into our full routine. When used in tandem with the ingredients in your serum, these are able to work synergistically to enhance results and support the overall health of your skin.
- Betaine: A naturally occurring substance derived from the sugar beet plant that aids in skin hydration.
- Lactobionic Acid: A gentle polyhydroxy acid (PHA) that is the oxidized form of lactose and can help with hydration.
- Mandelic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from almonds that can exfoliate gently, making it a good choice for sensitive skin.
- Matrixyl Tripeptide: A peptide complex that can help stimulate new collagen growth and soften the appearance of fine lines.
- Niacinamide: A form of Vitamin B3 that helps reinforce the skin’s moisture barrier and yield a more even skin tone.
- Oat Kernel Extract: An extract derived from the seeds of the oat plant that helps soothe and moisturize irritated and sensitive skin.
- Snow Mushroom Extract: A lightweight ingredient that's rich in amino acids and helps the skin lock in moisture for deep hydration.
- Aloe Flower Extract: An antioxidant-rich ingredient derived from the aloe vera plant that softens and hydrates the skin.
- Antarcticine: A glycoprotein that increases collagen and elastin production, which may help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Apple Fruit Extract: An antioxidant-rich ingredient that helps protect against environmental stressors.
- Basil Extract: An ingredient that is naturally anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial, which makes it beneficial for breakout-prone skin.
- Ceramide NG: A natural part of the skin barrier that helps its ability to retain water and remain supple, protected, and hydrated.
- Chinaberry Leaf Extract: An ingredient commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine with potent antioxidants that protect against environmental stressors.
- Coconut Oil: An oil rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that help hydrate dry skin.
- Deep Sea Algae Extract: An ingredient derived from the deep sea that can help repair, hydrate, and soothe skin.
- Eggplant Fruit Extract: An extract with numerous anti-inflammatory vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
- Ivy Gourd Fruit Extract: A tropical fruit extract that is a hydrating antioxidant.
- Meadowfoam Estolide: A soothing non-fragrant plant oil, which adds emollient properties.
- Oat Bran Extract: An ingredient that contains antioxidant and skin soothing properties.
- Papain: An enzyme found naturally in papaya that helps hydrate skin, while naturally exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Stearic Acid: A fatty acid that makes skin feel smooth and is a major component of shea butter.
- Tulsi Extract: An adaptogen with a rich Ayurvedic history that helps with maintaining homeostasis.
- Shea Butter: A plant lipid that is rich in fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins, and is used to hydrate and protect the skin.