Your Skin Sequence is a high-level summary of your skin health. Specifically, it reflects your top skin concern; your oil, moisture, and pH levels; and your sun sensitivity. The Atolla system measures various other aspects of your skin, but we have found these five factors to be the most representative of skin health.
When you take your initial skin assessment to find your starter formula, we assign you a Skin Sequence that looks like this: B-###3. This initial Skin Sequence shows your top skin concern and sun sensitivity index. After doing your first Skin Health Kit to create your next serum, you’ll be able to unlock your full Skin Sequence to reflect the other three metrics of skin health.
Developing your personalized Skin Sequence begins with your top skin concern, with is represented with a single letter:
- B: Breakouts
- C: Congestion
- D: Dryness
- I: Discoloration
- W: Wrinkles
- R: Redness
- S: Dark Spots
- N: Sun Damage
After identifying your top skin concern, we track three key skin measurements (oil, moisture, and pH) in order to prevent and treat any issue caused by an imbalance. Why these three?
- Oil: Your skin needs oil to function properly, but in excess, it can lead to other problems. Your oil measurements help select the best ingredients to keep your skin in balance.
- Moisture: Well-moisturized skin is the quickest way to improve your appearance. Your moisture levels are used to design a formulation that keeps your skin optimally hydrated.
- pH: Your skin's pH can offer a window into how effective your skin barrier is (susceptibility to bacteria, allergens, and pollution). By tracking your skin's pH, we make sure your skincare routine helps you stay in the optimal range of 4.5 - 6.0.
After completing your Atolla Skin Health Kit, you'll receive your full Skin Sequence. An example of what a Skin Sequence might look like is: B-2463.
- B — Your top skin concern: Breakouts.
- 2 — Your oil score, normalized (1 - 9): 2 means low oil levels compared to everyone else in our database.
- 4 — Your moisture score, normalized (1 - 9): 5 means average moisture levels compared to everyone else in our database.
- 6 — Your pH level (4 - 7): 6 is healthy.
- 3 — Your sun sensitivity, according to the Fitzpatrick index (1 - 6): 3 means you burn and then tan.
Skin changes, so your Skin Sequence may change over time too! The Atolla dashboard will help you keep track of how and why these key skin measurements are shifting.